New: KWRC water right data pages.
Current: Special Commitee on Water (Sept. 2022);
To subscribe to News;
KWRC’s currently focuses on water right consulting and assisting groundwater management districts in water conservation, particularly in the development and implementation of Local Enhanced Management Areas (LEMAs)
Clients include municipalities, industry, an investment firm, irrigators, and groundwater management districts.
- water right reviews
- assisting industry in finding a source of water for expansion;
- assisting water right holders in making changes and conversions to their water rights;
- assisting municipalities in evaluating the sufficiency of their existing water rights; identifying best solutions to meet future needs, and developing a strategy to perfect their water rights;
- assisting a groundwater management district in its Local Enhanced Management Area (LEMA) development and implementation;
- assisting an out-of-state investment firm to evaluate a large tract of water rights for sale, and
- evaluating the effect of neighboring water right changes on client water rights.
For more, see About KWR Consulting
We invite you to subscribe to our email newsletter (sign up below) to keep up with Kansas water resources happenings. It also highlights updates on this website.
The latest news:
- GMD 1’s Proposed Four County LEMA ￼
- Kansas Water Authority to hold Water Policy Discussion, August 10, Salina
- Legislative Next Steps on Water: an Interim Committee and an Audit of the GMDs￼
- Northwest Kansas LEMA renewal hearings, July 26-27
- Legislative Efforts on Water Issues Stall; Ogallala Groundwater Declines Continue