New: KWRC water right data pages.
Current: House Commitee on Water; To subscribe to News;
KWRC’s currently focuses on water right consulting and assisting groundwater management districts in water conservation, particularly in the development and implementation of Local Enhanced Management Areas (LEMAs)
Clients include municipalities, industry, irrigators, and groundwater management districts.
- assisting industry in finding a source of water for expansion;
- assisting water right holders in making changes to their water rights;
- assisting municipalities in evaluating the sufficiency of their existing water rights; identifying best solutions to meet future needs, and developing a strategy to perfect their water rights;
- assisting a groundwater management district in its Local Enhanced Management Area (LEMA) development;
- and assisting an out-of-state investment firm to evaluate a large tract of water rights for sale.
For more, see About KWR Consulting
We invite you to subscribe to our email newsletter (sign up below) to keep up with Kansas water resources happenings. It also highlights updates on this website.
The latest news:
- Legislative Efforts on Water Issues Stall; Ogallala Groundwater Declines Continue
- House Committee on Water Passes Substitute Bill Seeking More Water Funding but Rejecting Reorganization ￼
- Mega Water Bill markup coming March 1
- Overview of HB 2686, the Mega Water Bill
- Water News: Major Water Legislation Awaits Revisor