Overview: This page provides links to information on a wide variety of topics related to Kansas water resources and its management.
Current issues: see KWRC’s blog, featuring on-going legislative work, LEMA development for groundwater conservation, and more
- Water Right and Related Data; WIMAS (water right data); WWC5 (well logs).
- Kansas Legislative Action on water; 2021-22 House Committee on Water; 2022 Special Committee on Water.
Kansas State agencies:
- Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA), Division of Water Resources (DWR), allocates and manages the state’s water resources, Interstate compacts (Republican River, KS-CO Arkansas River, and more) and regulation of stream and flood plains
- KDA, Division of Conservation (DOC) funding of natural resources project via state water plan.
- Kansas Water Office (KWO) – State’s water planning agency
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Division of Environment – water quality
- See the following link for a more extensive list of agencies: https://kansasrunsonwater.org/intro-to-ks-water/links-to-resources/
- Groundwater Management Districts (GMDs) – assists in management of major Kansas aquifers. Much, more at link in heading.
- Watershed Districts. State Association of Kansas Watersheds (SAKW)
- Kansas Rural Water Association assists Kansas water and wastewater utilities